Termites can cause a lot of damage to your property and very quickly. If you have noticed any possible signs of termite activity within your home, we recommend you contact your local pest control business to organise a termite inspection immediately. Termites are not a pest that you want to muck around or delay actioning the removal of.
Possibly have termites? Book in your termite treatment Brisbane asap
The chosen pest professional should talk you through exactly what is involved with the necessary treatment process and what you can expect as the homeowner. Here are a few tips to help you feel prepared and to assist in the treatment process being carried out as smoothly as possible.
There are two main termite treatment options available in Brisbane and around Australia. Your chosen pest control company should advise you on the best course of action. Depending on which termite treatment is selected there are a few things you can do to prepare your Brisbane home.
Option 1: Insecticide treatment to remove termites
- Like most pest control treatments, this will require you to vacate your premise while the treatment is taking place. Unlike some treatments though you will not be required to stay away for a few days. Once treatment is completed you can return home.
- All objects in the home will need to be moved a metre from the walls. This includes all furniture, appliances and storage.
- If rooms with built-in wardrobes are being treated, all clothing and items will need to be removed.
Option 2: Fumigation to remove termites
- This termite treatment in Brisbane requires you to leave the house (locked up) for 4 days. After that, the house will need to be aired out for at least 12 hours before occupants can resume normal living.
- All living things, such as pets (even fish) should be removed from the home for the same period.
- Any items that are ingestible, such as food or medicine must be removed from the house. Alternatively, your pest control professional may supply you with fume bags to put items in rather than removing completely.
- Encase all bedding, including mattresses in waterproof plastic covering.
Here at Progressive Pest Management, we have over 30 years of experience in carrying out termite treatments in Brisbane and surrounding areas. As professionals, we strongly recommend termite inspections in Brisbane being carried out regularly. This will ensure prevention of any serious damage being done at your home. Give us a call today to organise your termite inspection.
[divider style=”dotted” margin_top=”30px” margin_bottom=”30px”]CONTACT PROGRESSIVE PEST MANAGEMENT NOW