Protect your home and family with Progressive Pest Management
One of the insects that thrive on human blood is the bedbug. Bedbugs, which are also called cimex lectularius, will emerge from their hideouts at night to feed on your blood. They live in cracks and crevices around your home, preferably around the bed.
They are attracted by your body heat and also carbon dioxide. For a long time, the presence of bedbugs was thought to be determined by the cleanliness of a place. However, today, bedbugs have been found in five star hotels, trains, airplanes, and even exotic furnished apartments.
Do you wake up and find that all the areas, particularly the arms, which are exposed have insect bites? Well, the most probable reason for these bites is a bedbug. Most people will never know their homes are infested by bedbugs until they come across one by chance. You will need the services of bedbug experts if you are to totally get rid of these annoying pests.
We are a company with many years’ experience not only in getting rid of bedbugs but also helping hundreds of homeowners preventing future infestations. While there are older-style methods to get rid of bedbugs, they are never as effective as our methods, especially when it comes to preventing future infestations.
How do bedbugs spread?
Bedbugs can travel great lengths of kilometers. In an apartment block, it is very easy for bedbugs to migrate from one apartment to the next. Within no time, you can find that the whole block is infested by bedbugs. Bedbugs can easily embed on your clothing and disembark while you are on the train and another person can easily carry it to their home. This is why we advise each and every person to be vigilant when it comes to treating bedbugs.
Getting rid of bedbugs
We are a team of exterminators with over 30 years experience. As a rule, we always employ environmentally acceptable and recognised treatments when exterminating bedbugs. We use effective pesticides while at the same time identify all the weak areas where these critters might be hiding. By mapping out your home, we are able to help you not only get rid of the bedbugs but also prevent future infestations.
What dangers do bedbugs pose?
- There hasn’t been any evidence that bedbugs cause health hazards to humans. As much as these critters cause annoyance and embarrassment, they are best known for their ability to suck blood from the human body.
- A bedbug bite will affect different people differently. Some will itch while others will suffer from loss of sleep.
- The bite of a bedbug can cause excessive itching for some people and this may increase the chance of you developing a secondary skin infection. This means that while a bedbug might not directly cause an illness, it will certainly make your life uncomfortable in many ways.
- In certain cases, continuous bedbug bites on a person who is allergic to bedbugs have been seen to cause medical conditions. This is why is wise to call bedbug experts to solve your infestation.
What are the signs that your home has been infested by bedbugs?
Bedbugs are ferocious creatures which will not relent on sucking blood from you when you try and sleep (even with the lights on!) The easiest way to know if your home is infested by these critters is if you notice bites on your body parts which are exposed during the night. While some people will notice the bites immediately, on others, it might take up to 14 days for such bites to show. You should therefore look for other signs of infestation:
- If you find bedbugs in the folds of the mattresses or bed sheets
- If you find bedbug molts on the mattress or around the house
- A ‘sweet’ musty smell. This happens mostly if you happen to rub the bedbug. You can abruptly run the tips of your fingers along the folds of your mattress and then smell them.
- If you find rusty-blood stains on your bed sheets or mattress
Bedbug infestation in Brisbane
One of the biggest problems that Brisbane homeowners encounter as far as bedbugs are concerned is the difficulty in removing them. Bedbugs seem to be immune to a majority of pesticides that are used to easily kill and eradicate other pests. Bedbugs are very efficient in the way they feed and the places they hide. Unlike roaches or ants, you can only come across a bedbug in your house by chance.
Whenever you come across a bedbug, you should contact a reliable bedbug exterminator, like us. Remember, seeing only one bed bug in your bedroom and killing it does not mean you have solved the problem. Where you find one bedbug, there is a very high chance that there are hundreds more nearby.